Date: 24 June 2020
Time: 11:30–13:00 BST
The Early Career Network of the Geological Society of London will be hosting an online panel discussion looking at the effects of COVID-19 on geosciences and related industries. Neil Hutchinson, RSK Geosciences Director, will be joining the expert panel for a variety of interesting discussions on 24 June.
The panel will be made up of a broad range of representatives from geoscience sectors and organisations, including:
- Neil Hutchinson, Managing Director (Geosciences) at RSK Group
- Dr Karen Hanghøj, Director of the British Geological Survey
- Dr Mike Daly, Visiting Professor at the University of Oxford and the incoming President of the Geological Society of London
- Dr Bob Foster, Independent Consultant Geologist, specialising in mineral exploration and the former President of the Society of Economic Geologists
- Lauren Ballarini, Technical Director and Service Lead for Hydrogeology and Hydrology at Wardell Armstrong LLP.
The event is free to attend and will be held via Zoom. You can register for the event at Eventbrite.
Registrants will receive the log-in details for the Zoom video conferencing via email by 16:00 the day before the event. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the panel.