RSK company CAN has launched a specialist confined spaces division, with a dedicated team of confined space technicians, estimators and project management staff. The team will be headed up by CAN operations director Samantha Crawford.
The launch follows growing interest in CAN’s specialist confined spaces services that have included a diverse range of projects, including the
- inspection and testing of the heat recovery steam generator chimneys at SSE’s 735-megawatt, gas-fired power station on the Isle of Grain
- deployment of a confined space entry and the rescue team at Hammersmith Bridge
- provision of a concrete repair team to undertake repair works to the Beckton Connection shaft (28m diameter and 80m deep) and the Lee Tunnel, as part of the Thames Tideway Project.
Speaking about the launch of the new division, Mark Richardson, CAN managing director said: “CAN has provided confined space services for the last 20 years, but it has now enhanced its provision through a dedicated team of City & Guilds-certified confined space operatives, estimators and project managers. They have extensive experience in undertaking complex rigging and access work in confined spaces.”
CAN’s new division offers a wide range of services, including
- third-party access supervision, supervision and management of confined space access for suitably trained third party contractors
- rescue cover – establishing safe systems of work, pre-rigging rescue systems and providing rescue cover for suitably qualified third-party contractors
- high-risk working for when specified risks cannot be controlled or work is a substantial distance from the point of entry or when complicated rigging and access techniques are required to facilitate access within a confined space.
Industry press has reacted well to the launch. Industry media such as Ground Engineering, GeoDrilling International, Project Scotland and Construction Update magazine have all published the news.
For more details about CAN’s new division visit CAN’s website or phone +44 (0)1474 538100.